[mythtv-users] EPG wont fill

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 22 19:09:56 UTC 2008

On 12/22/2008 01:02 PM, Michael Stephens wrote:
> My EPG wont fill.  I've got a VM fresh install of MythBuntu.  I keep
> seeing 404 Not authorized in the terminal, but i can get and see my
> lineups in the configuration window.  Any idea?

Your messages /are/ going through, but Google won't show you your own
message until someone replies to it--i.e. it doesn't work like e-mail
since it's gmail...

I'm assuming (from your mention of lineups) that you're a North-American
user who's using Schedules Direct.  If so, a single 401*** per
"interaction" is expected, but after that you should see a 200 OK.

Since you can actually see lineups in the "Data Direct Lineup" list, I'm
assuming that you have the proper User ID and Password (since we have to
log in to get the list of lineups).  Therefore, I think you just need to
do as requested when you exit mythtv-setup--run mythfilldatabase.

If that doesn't help, please post the mythtv-setup logs you get from
going to the Video Sources screen, then selecting the video source
that's not working (ideally the whole log--it shouldn't be too huge, but
you may want to use http://pastebin.ca/ rather than posting it to the list).

Mike

***404 is Not Found, so I'm assuming you mean a 401 Unauthorized