[mythtv-users] PCI graphics card, but with decode on the CPU - any chance of working?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 22 18:09:50 UTC 2008

jarpublic at gmail.com wrote:
> I have done SD with a PCI video card and it works fine. I assume the
> but you will be fine with SD.

That's interesting. I am just refering to SD. So were you using XVMC?
The reason I am worried that it wont work is that I currently have
an AGP Radeon 9000 that works great, but only when GART support
is present. Without GART support, it doesn't jitter, but pans
blur a lot. I don't really know what is causing it. I suspect it
may be that I'm only getting every other frame, which is probably
much more noticeable with interlaced content because pairs
of fields will get repeated: what shold be

    12345678

will come out

    12125656

so motion will take little steps backwards at the 21
and 65 transitions.

Cheers,
	Paul.