[mythtv-users] Upgade to FC10 results in reboot loop

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Mon Dec 22 15:59:37 UTC 2008

Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded to F10 from F9 and I can no longer shutdown my
> mythbox using echo "savedefault --default=1 --once" |/sbin/grub (needs
> this for nvram-wakeup).
>
> This was working fine in F9, but I cant figure out what's changed.
> Has anyone else had this issue?
>
> Thanks

Maybe the upgrade changed the order of menu entries in menu.1st?  Make
sure you still have a menu entry that resets the default and halts like
this:-

title=PowerOff
    savedefault 0
    halt

and that the --default=1 part of the command you are using is pointing
to the right entry (remember the first menu entry is numbered 0 not 1).

Paul H.