[mythtv-users] Problems installing nvidia video drivers on Fedora 2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Dec 21 16:04:42 UTC 2008

I just upgraded my slave back end to fedora 2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686 and everything went fine until I tried to install the video drivers.
I have used the Wilsonet instructions to do the installation.  Even though they are out dated they still appear to work well.
The wilsonet directions have you create a $KVER environment variable so that is what I use to do my yum upgrades.

Here is my video card information:  nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]

Here is the command I try to run to install the video drivers.
yum -y install nvidia-graphics71.86.07-kmdl-$KVER
yum -y install nvidia-graphics71.86.07

Here is the error I receive: No package nvidia-graphics71.86.07-kmdl-2.6.27.7-53.fc9.i686 available.

Any assistance would be appreciated. This list has been great help to me in the past.