[mythtv-users] broken transcodes?

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Sun Dec 21 05:01:01 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008, Matt Hakim wrote:

> Nah, its not the playback profiles, CPU is minimal. The 'same point in
> the file' problem is what makes me think its a demux/decode/avsync
> bug.
> Anyway I've upgraded to p19046 so here's hoping...

Agreed. I'm seeing the same behavior, and had just come to the conclusion it
was transcoding.

When a file is corrup it is always at the same point, and shows the same
behavior on multiple FE machines, from a 1.8ghz to my dual-core 2.4ghz. CPU
load is minimal.

I was thinking it had to do with frame-rate shifts on NBC from commercial to
program, but I've noticied happening in the middle of a scene. Also, it was
usually NBC, but just had it happen on an ION (31.1 here in NY) program.

Running on Fedora 8 with latest ATrpms version of Myth.