[mythtv-users] LiveTV keeps recording and recording and recording ...

David Fishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 18:16:18 UTC 2008

MythTV 0.21 on Ubuntu
According to Synaptic I am running: 0.21.0-0ubuntu2~gutsy1

I have a BE/FE and 2 AppleTV FEs.

I have confirmed, both of the FEs are turned off.
The BE/FE is at the main menu.

Yet for some reason:
Encoder 9 is local on myth and is watching Live TV: 'Days of our
Lives' on CIII. This recording will end at 2:00 PM.

Basically, it just keeps recording and recording.

If I go to Recordings / LiveTV, 'Days of our Lives' is not highlighted
to indicate it is recording in progress.  So I can't click on it and
tell it to stop recording.

I can't cancel the recording from MythWeb either.
In MythWeb, when I "Edit" the recording in progress and choose the
first option (cancel it) I save successfully.
Though nothing happens, it just keeps recording.

This has happened over 3 times now, I eventually have to restart the BE.
But I left it like this right now so that hopefully someone on this
list will be able to help me get to the bottom of it.

Any ideas on what to check for?

TIA,
Dave