[mythtv-users] Working with DVD ISO images

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Dec 19 15:01:53 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:30:32PM -0600, Kenneth Berry wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-18 at 17:17 -0500, William wrote:
> > kenneth at berrypatch.net wrote:
> > > The suggestions of this message (gnome-baker, brasero, etc) and growifos
> > > from another part of the thread are good suggestions.
> > >
> > > But, what I really what to know is there a way to use the knoppmyth distro
> > > to rip an DVD to an ISO, turn around and burn it to a new DVD for archive
> > > purposes (with out using CLI, or other Linux utilities)?
> > >

> > The simplest way I know of is to share the directory holding your ripped
> > files and then you can burn them from any computer on your network
> > including winblows machines.
> >

> Good idea I had not thought of, thanks

...although once you've got a ripped directory, you should just be
able to use k3b to make another copy of that. That's pretty easy.
I don't know of any Linux GUI tools that would either make you an
image or let you copy the DVD directory structure AnyDVD style.

    That would be a nice thing to know about perhaps...