[mythtv-users] Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Dec 19 04:03:38 UTC 2008

I have a new addition to my family - a Sony VAIO VGP-XL1B (Sony's 200
disc CD/DVD Jukebox). I've plugged it in, loaded a couple of discs and
am happily controlling it with mtx and playing back DVDs. According to
the wiki page for this device someone has a patch out there for
"preliminary" support for this device in MythVideo but no link or info
on where to find the patch. Anyone here using one? Anyone know where
to get the patch? Should I hack something together with scripts?
Ultimately I just need to list inventory and change discs which is
easily done with mtx but I need my family to be able to use it with
menu commands and such.

Thanks,

Brad