[mythtv-users] ringbuf in memory?

Scott Harris scott at webhounds.net
Fri Dec 19 01:54:00 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 12/18/2008 07:21 PM, Scott Harris wrote:
>

> It's far more likely your DB that's causing the "lag."  The stuttering
> and slow guide could be anything from choosing the wrong (=bob or any
> 2x) deinterlacer to missing channel icons to ... (narrowing it down is
> easier with specific and detailed descriptions of symptoms).
>
> Mike

I've tried all the different fixes to prevent the guide from
stuttering.  There are
improvements to some aspects for different settings.  For instance, removing
the icons from the DB table fixed the super slow guide, but it still
suffers from
random 3-10 second hangs in between key presses (not consistent, and irw
shows the keys received)

I have three different physical disks in this system and have tried the
DB on
all of them.  I'm pretty certain that isn't the problem.  This is a
pretty beefy
system: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ running
2.6.27.7-134.fc10.x86_64 with 6Gb of ram.

Interesting enough, I've tweaked HD so that 1080p mkv files play back with
less than .25.  This is with the coreavc stuff, but still, SD
live/recorded TV
shouldn't be killing this system as much as it is with loads over 2.

Scott