[mythtv-users] Nvidia component out to SDTV

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Thu Dec 18 22:07:15 UTC 2008

I have an old Sony TV that has component inputs that I tried to connect
to a FE using a Nividia component out dongle. The Nvidia graphics is an
integrated MB 7050 out thru a svideo connector. The svideo works fine
but I wanted to see if I could get a better picture using the component
out. The problem is that I get a good component out picture but the blue
is missing from the output. I followed the mythtv guide for component
out but it mostly seems aimed at HDTVs with component in. Googling
hasn't turned up any references to anyone using Nviidia component out to
a SDTV but I also didn't find anything that said it won't work.

Has anyone tried this and had success? Or am I just trying the impossible?

John