[mythtv-users] ATI Remote Wonder Plus

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 18 18:28:25 UTC 2008

On 12/18/2008 01:12 PM, Andy Zobro wrote:
>> (I'm using atilibusb so I don't need /any/ kernel modules--everything's
>> in userspace--so I'm not sure, but I think I've heard discussion of
>> using it that way.)
>>
> So that's a third option?
>
> Mike, do you have the RWP?  If so do you use a custom lirc or are you
> using some stock/pre-compiled version for your distro?
>
> At this point I'll take the first thing I can get to work, there are
> really too many options :-)

I have a RW--but I want a RWP.  The /only/ reason that I don't have one,
now, is because I haven't found a place I can buy just the new remote
(seems you have to buy an ATI Windows capture card/video card that's way
too expensive to be used as a glorified frame buffer (no, not frame
grabber, frame buffer) on a Linux system).

If you know of a place where I can buy an RWP (new--not a fan of eBay,
etc.) without the TV Wonder, let me know, and I'll get one (actually, 2)
and see what I can do to get it working.  :)  I'm guessing it wouldn't
be too difficult to integrate it with the LIRC atilibusb driver.

Mike