[mythtv-users] Low Power Frontends (in anticipation of nvidia's new API)

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:08:02 UTC 2008

2008/12/18 Andrew Barbaccia <andrew at monolithmc.com>:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2008/12/18 Andrew Barbaccia <andrew at monolithmc.com>:
>> > Excellent - let us know.
>> > Also, a little more about your setup - is it a frontend only, or a
>> > combined
>> > BE/FE?
>> > Looking forward to your results!
>> > -a
>> >

>> When Atom boards with Nvidia graphics come out, it should be possible
>> to use it for backend and frontend simultaneously.
>>
>> M.
>
> Agreed. But some of the operations (like the DB queries when viewing the
> channel guide) might be a little intensive for the Atom considering it's a
> user interface and *should* be snappy. I'm simply curious of Doug's
> results.

Nothing should be slow as long as you keep your DB on the other disk.
I am using an old Acer Travelmate with 1.4GHz as my secondary
backend/frontend and I see no problems at all. Database is on the
master backend/frontend. And if this 5-6 years old Acer notebook can
do it, Atom should be able to do it even easier.