[mythtv-users] trying to add a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1250

Mike Millner mike at mikeshome.com
Thu Dec 18 14:58:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

I bought a 2nd tuner card...Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1250 to try and get the over
the air HD channels. As you can see from the output below it seems that the
computer sees both the new and old card. I've tried some different things I
found from searching but I can't get mplayer or vlc to play it much less
mythtv. I included a bunch of output below hoping to give someone enough
info to point me in the right direction. My PVR-150 works great as
/dev/video0. I expected to see a /dev/videoX for the new card. I actually
have a /dev/video24  and a /dev/video/32..they don't seem to be related to
the new card..not sure what they are.

Some of the instructions I found talked about a /dev/dvb/adapter0 which I
have and I figured this is the new cardbut nothing will play through  it

I don't really know what I'm doing...just trying some things to try to make
this work. I think I'm close

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

Please see the output here. The mail was too long to be posted.