[mythtv-users] Working with DVD ISO images

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Dec 18 03:10:24 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> In my own experience the media is a major factor, although it is not always
> the off-brand cheapies that don't work as well, I've had some that said Sony
> that were total junk, and some with only Chinese on the label that cost
> almost nothing work great.

Probably 99% of all the CD-R media I've ever put in my drive came back
with "CMC Magnetics" as the manufacturer code.  There's apparently one
major company that makes the stuff and nearly everyone else just buys
from them and badges it with their own brand.  I don't know if the
situation with DVD+/-R is similar, though.