[mythtv-users] broken mpeg4 recordings with SD bt878/bttv tuners

Russ Dill russ.dill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 01:14:35 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Steve Briggs <zzybaloobah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have consistent problems with broken mpeg4 recordings.
>
> The first recording (after starting a backend) is good,
> the subsequent ones (on that backend) are almost always
> corrupt.  When I try and play them back (with
> mythtv-frontend) I get a zillion mpeg4 errors:

Has anyone gotten any further with this? Its a very frustrating
problem. The wife is asking me every time there is a broken recording,
"why don't we just have a Tivo?".

I'm currently running:

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : exporté
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack
using_backend using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu
using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live

from debian (0.21.svn20081212-0.0) and 2.6.27-1-686.

For the past 3 and a half years running mythtv, I cannot remember ever
not having this issue. Although, finding this email, I at least know a
possible work-around. Don't record in mpeg4.