[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip - Video freezes & Audio Fast Forwards

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:59:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've had mixed results with commercial skip.  The promise is shows is big
enough that I haven't given up on it yet.

Commercial skipping will work well for a day or two, then at some point
where MythTV should skip a commercial, the video freezes and the audio goes
into a high-speed, unintelligible mode.  I'm not able to stop it.  After
anywhere from 10 - 20 minutes MythTV returns to the listing of recorded
shows.  I assume that when the audio reaches the ended of the recorded
program is when MythTV unfreezes from commerial skip

Has anybody else seen this?  Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks,
Greg