[mythtv-users] Dec 2008 - State of the Art - Hard Drive Recommendations?

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 16:08:14 UTC 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> John Drescher wrote:
>>> 6. Average Seek Time? Do technologies like Western Digital Intelliseek
>>> make
>>> any difference or just get in the way?
>>>
>> Although some drives are a little faster with seeks, the differences
>> will not be a large factor on a myth system.
>>

> Interesting. Do you think this would still be the case when recording from
> multiple capture cards and streaming video as well?

I have three DVB-T cards configured to provide two virtual tuners each, so
sometimes I record from six SD channels simultaneously, possibly whilst
playing a recording too. The disc for recordings is a standard ST3500630A
and is also the OS, swap and Mysql disc too. I don't notice any problems.

> -Sandy

Best Regards,
Alex.