[mythtv-users] Dec 2008 - State of the Art - Hard Drive Recommendations?

Sandy Walsh swalsh at impathnetworks.com
Wed Dec 17 14:09:00 UTC 2008

Thanks for the prompt and insightful response Alex. I think your
rationale makes sense.

I find it interesting that you mention the # of platters. I've always
had the opinion that more platters/heads just means more places for heat
to generate and more things that can fail. Is that a rational concern?
Should I prefer drives with fewer platters/heads?

Thanks again,
Sandy