[mythtv-users] MythSqueezeBox Updated to Use PortAudio Version 19

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 03:17:05 UTC 2008

After receiving several requests regarding the fact that the
MythSqueezeBox plugin was still using PortAudio version 18, I have
upgraded it to be compatible with PortAudio Version 19.  Lates rpms
are available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mythsqueezebox
(including a source tarball and a source rpm).  If you are on Fedora >
FC6, this should make the plugin easier for you to use.  For anyone
using CentOS (which, like FC6 used PortAudio v18), you can stick with
the last version since there are no additional changes contained in
this one.

For anyone curious about the plugin, MythSqueezeBox is a plugin for
MythTV that emulates a "SqueezeBox" hardware music player under
MythTV.  SqueezeBox players play music streamed over your network from
a SqueezeCenter server.  You can get more information on the open
source server software and the hardware players at
www.slimdevices.com.

As usual, I welcome all comments, criticisms and -- especially -- help
on making this a better plugin.

Thanks.

George