[mythtv-users] EIT Question

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 07:52:20 UTC 2008

I am getting all my EPG data from EIT. My provider
(http://www.showtimearabia.com) only transmit information about
current and next show on each channel. I know for a fact that more
information is available because if I use my Humax DVB-S the EPG gives
me listings for a week. After using dvbsnoop I have seen that most of
the transponders provide additional EIT on PID#0x12. This correspond
to the DVB_EIT_PID = 0x0012 definition in mpegtables.h. My problem is
that I don't get any of this information in my EPG, and I could need
some assistance to find out how to solve it.

Is there any setting I can do to enable this?

When I do a channel scan none of the EIT PIDs show up in the channel
table. Are they supposed to? Is it required that they are in the
channel list to enable the extra EIT information? (To enable
'overtheair...')

If this is somthing that is not implemented I'm willing to spend some
time implementing (or at least figure out what is missing), but I
would like some hints & tips before I started off.

(I've tried this question before without any response:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/361391. Just trying
to be more precise.)