[mythtv-users] Mytharchive errors

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 00:51:50 UTC 2008

Rod Smith wrote:
> If your DVD ends up with out-of-sync sound, you can use the audio delay option
> in my script (the final option) to adjust it. You'll need to measure or
> guesstimate how much it's off and enter the appropriate option.
> Unfortunately, this may take some trial and error, and you'll be starting
> over from scratch. This will go much quicker if you can create a small test
> file (just a minute or so in length).

I've been playing around with the delay and I have a quick question:  on
my 1st try I used 0 and the sound was just barely out of sync.  The
second time I tried 3 since that was what it seemed to be off by.  Well,
that got much worse.  So, my question is: can I put in negative values
for the delay?  If not, and 0 is the best I can do, is there anything
that I can do video-wise to sync them up?

Thanks,
Harry