[mythtv-users] USB Soundcard, Tinny on just some media

Mark markhsa at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 15 21:54:43 UTC 2008

Hello,
I have not been able to find anything in the archives on this.

USB soundcard give occasional tinny sound.

Fedora 10, HD-PVR, Trunk. Pulse Audio.
I am using an external Creative USB sound card. (
http://sg.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=209&subcategory=668&product=15913
)

When I use the build in sound on the MB ( Intel HD ) all is well, though
the volume is rather low even when maxed.
The USB sound is excellent on some media ( some mpg and avi ) but on
most it is tinny sounding.  All of the HD-PVR recordings give this tinny
sound.

I have tried removing pulse audio, and this does not improve things.

Ideas on what this could be or what I could try?