[mythtv-users] Strange DVB-T Interference Any Ideas

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Mon Dec 15 19:39:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008, Nicolas Will wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 18:35 +0000, Alex Butcher wrote:
>>
>> The other thing you could try is using an aerial amplifier. You may
>> just end
>> up amplifying the noise, but it's cheap enough to be worth giving a
>> try.
>
> If the antenna itself is good, and if you use a power amplifier fixed to
> the mast, very close to the antenna, you should be OK.

Well, I've pretty much got the worst of circumstances; a communal aerial
that is amplified and split probably 20-30m away. The 12 sockets it's split
to are probably a further 20-30m away each.

Using my own aerial amplifier makes the difference between being able to use
a Nova-T and a Nova-T-500, as well as a DVB-T TV, and not.

So even though my use of an amplifier is almost certainly sub-optimal, it's
still better for me than not using one at all.

> Nico

Best Regards,
Alex.