[mythtv-users] Divx/Xvid Playback problems - bookmark, rrw, ffw

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 14:21:45 UTC 2008

> Does anyone else have problems with Divx/Xvid files (AVI) with the internal
> player?  Playback is fine, but fast-forward and rewind don't work all that
> well, it very choppy and blocky.  Bookmarks also don't seem to work.  I used
> mythcommflag to built a seek table.
> I'm running trunk, but I've always had a problem with divx files, I've only
> retried recently.  Could it be because it is an AVI?
> Any secrets to getting to work like regular mpeg-2 files?

I have been having problems with AVI files see below for my recent
post with workaround. I have not had time to try to investigate any
further and for me the workaround I posted works for me but it is a
pain so if you do have any sample test files you can post to "trac" it
may get your problem problem investigated/sorted and it may also fix
mine at the same time.