[mythtv-users] FaceBook Status Updates in MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Dec 14 19:23:54 UTC 2008

On Dec 14, 2008, at 4:08 AM, Alex Butcher wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> 1. mythtvosd fades away before the text is done. It starts to display
>> and then fades after a few seconds.
>
> Looks like there's no way of overriding that behaviour currently.
>
> <http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+tips+MythTV+integration
> >
> suggests xosd might be a better approach, for this and other reasons.

This used to work a while back. I had written a script that would pull
all the news from MythWeb and scroll across the OSD when I pressed a
button on my remote. I think I remember it working in 0.18-0.19. I'm
hoping someone who knows more about how mythtvosd works will come
across this message and fix it. :)

-Brad