[mythtv-users] Mythweb streaming

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Fri Dec 12 22:06:59 UTC 2008

> What type of authentication are you using? Basic or Digest? I believe
> the settings are in the mythweb.conf file. Mine is in the
> /etc/httpd/conf.d folder but I'm using Fedora. You can always do a
> $locate mythweb.conf to find it.

It's in /etc/httpd/conf/extra. To set up my authentication I followed this:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeb#Other_Linux_Flavors and here's
my .htaccess:

# Allow the webserver to follow symlinks in the data directory, but not to
# execute any commands, browse directory indexes, etc.
    Options -All +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec

AuthType           Digest
AuthName           "MythTV"
AuthUserFile       /etc/httpd/conf/httpd-passwords
Require            valid-user
BrowserMatch       "Gecko"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
#Allow from 192.168.1.
#Satisfy any

I put "Gecko" in place of MSIE to test and I forgot to change it back, but
just changed it back to MSIE and no diff.

Thanks
Bob