[mythtv-users] Occasional missed recordings

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 03:15:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that in the past there have been several here including me that
> have discussed occasionally missing recordings...where the backend
> logs look as though everything's fine but the file simply isn't there,
> and the watch recordings screen shows it as 0 GB.
>
> I have this once in a great while but tonight it happened on both The
> Office and 30 Rock on NBC (OTA DTV).  In both cases the log looked
> like this:
>
> 2008-12-11 21:00:02.982 Started recording: The Office "Moroccan
> Christmas": channel 1041 on cardid 2, sourceid 1
> 2008-12-11 21:00:03.544 TVRec(1): Changing from None to RecordingOnly
> 2008-12-11 21:00:03.552 TVRec(1): HW Tuner: 1->1

Wow...the same thing happened on ER at 10PM.

5 minutes into it there was still no file.  Again, after deleting the
(non-exiting) recording I was able to record it fine by going into
LiveTV, tuning it in, and hitting record.  Actually all three of these
were on card 2 of my three HD-5500s.  After these shows record I'll
make sure that cards actually working ok, though I think it is.

Tom