[mythtv-users] PVR-150 capture with NVidia TV-Out output

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Dec 11 23:31:01 UTC 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 3:00 PM, Joseph Kezar wrote:

> I have a PVR-150 capture card that I pull in the video from my
> satalite box using S-Video.  I output my mythtv to my television
> using my NVidia card(S-Video).  What resolution should I be
> capturing to achieve the best quality video?  Anyone have any
> suggestions with setting they use?

As you might have guessed, you're not the first person to wonder how
to set their analog capture card for the "best quality video".
Here's one of the discussions: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/345387

This is one of the import pieces mentioned in it: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/bitrate.html

-Brad