[mythtv-users] Questions regarding a Dell XPS One

Stackpole, Chris CStackpole at barbnet.com
Thu Dec 11 16:05:58 UTC 2008

Hello,
A friend has been toying around with MythTV for a few months now and has
decided that he wants to keep MythTV and build it out for the rest of
the family. He is thinking about buying a Dell XPS One 24 [1] for a
combined frontend/backend. I must admit it sounds good in theory with a
large screen, 750GB hard drive, quad core, 4GB memory, bluray, and ect
but when I did a Google search for this system and Linux all I get is a
bunch of hype. I wasn't able to find a good review that mentioned
anything about Linux much less so about MythTV. Considering that these
have apparently been available for several months now, that can't be a
good sign...

Does anyone have any experience? Any suggestions? Anything equivalent
that I can recommend to him instead?

Thanks!
~S~

[1]