[mythtv-users] Frontend for HD Content question.

Nick Ellson grimm at nickellson.com
Thu Dec 11 03:10:12 UTC 2008

Ok, I have tried recording and playback with no setting changes.

When I go to Watch TV, Select my first HDHR Tuner and press record and
watch it a second I still see the issues with jitter. I navigate away to
the main memu and wait 10 mins. I come back to Watch Recorded TV and
select the program that is currently recording. It starts off where I
first started recording but the playback is MUCH better. Only tiny
glitches when teh news was showing a football play and there was massive
color changes. It stayed like that while i watched. When I stopped
recording and started playback again, it was the same as the second time..
Very good playback except for a glitch here and there and it was
consistant glitches so i suspect they got commited to disk as the
recording process was running.

Now, last night when it was just nasty, my wife also had two other NTSC
recordings from the PVR500 spooling to disk. So perhaps Disk IO is an
issue. I may need to dedicate a drive for the HD Content... Can I separate
the storage locations per tuner?

I also want to look at the idea of dedicating a NIC on the back end just
for the HDHome Run, that sounded like a nice idea. And see how the profile
change works as well.

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

  Nick

--