[mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users

stan stanlist at cox.net
Thu Dec 11 02:50:37 UTC 2008

Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:04:22 -0400
From: Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] RSS feed of mythtv-users
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

> Is everything sent to the mythtv-users list also sent through the RSS
feed?
> (i.e. will I miss anything?)

 What RSS feed? If someone has such a thing it's not "official".

> If I unsubscribe from the mythtv-users list will I still be able to post
> mythtv-users?

 No you would have to be subscribed to post.

 But I think you can configure the list to be subscribed but not
receive the emails.

There is an RSS button on this mythtv-users page

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/

Now I don't understand the relationship between gossamer-threads and the
mythtv-users listserv.

RSS feeds are handy.  There's too much volume for me to get individual
e-mails so I subscribe to the digests.  But the digests are difficult to
scroll through for each e-mail, and replying is very difficult.

I can read the RSS feeds in my mail reader, easily find each individual
e-mail, and easily reply (I think). And, the RSS feed doesn't require
processing by my ISP's mail server.

--stan