[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Dec 11 00:31:09 UTC 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 4:24 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 12/10/2008 07:17 PM, Jim Stichnoth wrote:
>> Just for another data point, I am using an IR blaster to control my
>> DirecTiVo which I am using as a receiver and whose output is fed into
>> a PVR-150.
>>  There is maybe 2 seconds of OSD at the beginning, which I quickly
>> learned to ignore.
>
> If it works anything like my old Dish receiver, you could send
> Cancel at
> the end of the channel change (i.e. after Select or whatever) to get
> rid
> of the OSD.

I set my STB to remove the OSD after 2 seconds and I put a 2 second
delay after my channel change script so I don't get any OSD in my
programs. I don't watch LiveTV at all so I don't mind the extra 2
seconds to change a channel and I have programs globally set to record
15 seconds early (soft padding) so I don't miss anything.

-Brad