[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 00:17:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Joe Wilson <wilson.joe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know its a bit pricey and out of my range, that is why I was wanting
> to just use the MCE remote and ir blaster

Just for another data point, I am using an IR blaster to control my
DirecTiVo which I am using as a receiver and whose output is fed into a
PVR-150.  Out of about 1000 recordings, I have seen maybe one failed channel
change.  The worst incident was when the DirecTiVo rebooted in the middle of
the program (which has nothing to do with the channel changer).  There is
maybe 2 seconds of OSD at the beginning, which I quickly learned to ignore.

Jim