[mythtv-users] Nvidia 9400 motherboard GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 20:25:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Chuck Peters <cp at ccil.org> wrote:
>> I am building a machine for Dad and got him a 24" widescreen LCD
>> SAMSUNG 2433BW with a recommended resolution of 1920 x 1200. I read in
>> some forums that many of these Nvidia 9300/9400 boards do not support
>> Dual Link DVI and may not allow higher resolutions on these types on
>> 24" LCD's. I wrote Gigabyte and they said:
>> It supports:
>> Max. Analog Resolution 2048 × 1536
>> Max Digital Resolution 2560 × 1600
>> dual-link DVI, and HDMI
>>

>> I was looking at the new Nvidia 9300/9400 boards because of the
>> upcoming myth support for VDPAU.  However it is much more important
>> that I get something reliable, if the past is any indication he will
>> be using this machine for 5 years or more.  Do you think this
>> motherboard is a good choice?
>>
>> So far not too many people have reviewed the board on Newegg {1] and I
>> haven't seen any Linux/Ubuntu users on the avsforum thread. [2]
>>
>> Has anyone tried this board out with MythTV or Ubuntu yet?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chuck
>>
>> 1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128363
>> 2. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1087407&page=6
>
> another option is the  ASUS P5N7A-VM
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131348
>
> which is fundamentally the same board, with slightly different options
> available to it.
>
> Both are good boards from the reviews I've seen. I've been looking at
> them too for an upgrade to my main frontend.

oops, and this one:
 MSI P7NGM-Digital
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130214

I wouldn't worry about dual link and running those resolutions, it'll
probably be too small for your dad anyway and that Samsung has a
native resolution of 1920x1200 so theres no reason to go any higher.

--
Steve
http://www.jobs-khakis-chicks.com/MythTV/