[mythtv-users] Huge log files in mythbuntu

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Dec 10 17:46:36 UTC 2008

On 12/10/2008 04:39 AM, Damian wrote:
> On a second look, it's my mythfrontend logs that have gone crazy.
> Backend logs are about 800kb Frontend logs are about 3 GB!!!

With default logging settings (meaning if you don't specify -v option to
mythfrontend--or if you get general and/or important messages in the log
file), frontend log files can get very large if you play back bad
recordings with stream errors or if you scroll past missing recording
files (whether they've been deleted outside of MythTV or just exist on
the filesystem of a system that's not currently running).

Mike