[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony 670 Remote +++++

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 17:15:11 UTC 2008

Andrew Close wrote:
> cool tip, thanks.  i'll add that to my todo's.  i also want to add a
> button specific to restarting the frontend.  it doesn't crash often,
> only when the wife is watching and i'm not home :)

I have one of the soft keys on the display do that, its linked to this
script, which I just put in /usr/local/bin/mythpowerbutton.sh

MYTHEXISTS=`/bin/ps -e | grep mythfrontend | grep -v grep | awk '{print
$1}'`;

if [ "$MYTHEXISTS" != "" ]; then
        for MYTHPROCESS in `/bin/ps -e | grep mythfrontend | grep -v
grep | awk '{print $1}'`
        do
                echo $MYTHPROCESS;
                kill -9 $MYTHPROCESS;