[mythtv-users] Huge log files in mythbuntu

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Wed Dec 10 12:57:32 UTC 2008

Damian wrote:
> Sorry to sound so dim (as I'm sure this does to anyone who just knows),
> but aren't the commands I have used about finding out what the current
> settings are? It doesn't tell me how to change them.

Nobody here is judging your level of Unix/Linuix knowledge - we were all
beginners once :-)

> I'm smart enough (just :-) ) to change swap backend for frontend in the
> commands I ran. My problem is that I have no free time for Myth in the
> next couple of days and in the mean time frontend logs are filling up my
> system to bursting point. I'd like to turn them off for the time being.

If the problem is a simple mis-configuration of how the programs start, it
could take just a couple of minutes to fix, which is less time than it has
taken to type out an email (actually several emails now) saying you don't
have time to fix it. :-)

Some of the commands you have been using are looking at the configuration
files that control how the myth programs start up. If there is a problem
with the configuration then that configuration file is the place to fix
it. Until you know what the problem is though, you don't know for certain
how to fix it.

Honestly though, if you are going to ignore the well-meaning and helpful
advice you have received from several people trying to help you, on the
basis that YOU are too busy, do you really expect much help next time?

Short term, you could always delete the older log files!
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts