[mythtv-users] Myth trying to record on wrong backend.

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 06:58:44 UTC 2008

> <snip>
>
> How can I make it keep the channels from each backend sepaarate?

Shut down both backends. Go into mythtv-setup and create a second
video source... on this source, use the same listings source that you
used for the first source, but name it something diffferent (in my
case, I had SD and HD, both came from the same schedules direct
lineup, one had the HD channels, the other had the SD channels). Then,
go into the channel editor, and remove the channels that don't come in
OTA from the OTA lineup. I would leave all the cable channels in the
lineup if they can all be tuned. Set the OTA card input to a higher
priority. This will make myth default to the OTA card first, but if
the channel doesn't exist, it will fall back to the cable lineup.

~Jon