[mythtv-users] Mapping unknown scanned channels to Schedule Direct channels for Verizon FiOS

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Wed Dec 10 06:26:01 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get my channel listings working for Verizon FiOS Local
with MythTV and my HDHomeRun.  I've performed the channel scan on QAM
64 and QAM 256 according to the instructions here:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Silicondust_HDHomeRun

The part I don't understand is using the Channel Editor to get real
channel names, numbers, callsigns, and icons for these channels.

1) Shouldn't my Schedules Direct listings for Verizon FiOS TV Local be
able to make this mapping for me?
2) What is supposed to go in Channel Name, Channel Number, and Channel Callsign?

I've managed to manually update scanned channel 64#1 to the following:

Channel Name: KPTV 12 Portland
Channel Number: 12
Channel Callsign: KPTV

With this change I can now see the channel icon and the listing data
for it in the guide.  The problem is I had to get the 64#1 -> 12
mapping manually, and there are a lot of channels that just crash
mythtv (like the music channels), so it is a very tedious process to
tune a channel, then I have to wait until the station decides to
advertise a little bit so I can tell which "real" channel I'm
watching.  I can only assume I am doing something wrong :-)

What is the right way to get this mapping done?

--
Darren Hart