[mythtv-users] Double entry of live tv recordings in mythfrontend recordings list

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 9 17:27:05 UTC 2008

On 12/09/2008 12:10 PM, Jeffrey J. Kosowsky wrote:
> I know that there are pros/cons for listing live tv at all in the
> Recordings list. But what possible advantage could there be to listing
> the "dummy" stream?

It's a great way to do things until someone writes a patch that fixes
the bug that causes it to be listed.  (Similarly, attempting and failing
to generate a preview for the LiveTV dummy stream works great until
someone writes a patch to fix that bug--which is probably related.)

Gauntlet thrown down.

(Anyone seriously considering fixing it should probably look at the
mythtv-vid branch as much about the whole playbackbox is changing in there.)

Mike