[mythtv-users] Huge log files in mythbuntu

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 15:30:08 UTC 2008

 >Damian wrote:
 >> Hello all,
 >>
 >> I just noticed a drastically small amount of space left on my system
 >> drives (not video/recording storage drive) and wondered what was going
 >> on. Then found about 9 gig of log files. Is there any way I can control
 >> the size of these beasts? Each backend log was about 700mb and there
 >> were at least 9 of both frontend and backend logs.
 >
 >logrotate is your friend. Maybe mythbuntu doesn't set up the myth log
 >files for this? I know the packaging for fedora does (atrpms).
 >
 >Also, make sure you aren't logging more info than you really need.
Minimal
 >logging is normally fine unless you are investigating an issue.
 >--
 >Mike Holden

Thanks Mike,

Where can I set log settings and what settings would you suggest?

I believe, from what I've just read:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/250776
that logrotate is set up on Mythbuntu. Is sounds like it isn't set up
too well though. Any suggestions on preventing the issue I've just had
would be appreciated.

Best wishes
Damian