[mythtv-users] Huge log files in mythbuntu

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Tue Dec 9 13:58:55 UTC 2008

Damian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just noticed a drastically small amount of space left on my system
> drives (not video/recording storage drive) and wondered what was going
> on. Then found about 9 gig of log files. Is there any way I can control
> the size of these beasts? Each backend log was about 700mb and there
> were at least 9 of both frontend and backend logs.

logrotate is your friend. Maybe mythbuntu doesn't set up the myth log
files for this? I know the packaging for fedora does (atrpms).

Also, make sure you aren't logging more info than you really need. Minimal
logging is normally fine unless you are investigating an issue.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts