[mythtv-users] problem with audio underruns on 720p only

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Mon Dec 8 04:09:20 UTC 2008

Greg Zornetzer wrote:

[deleted]

> I do have 'extra audio buffering' selected in the configuration for mythtv -
> I saw that asked before.
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks,
> -Greg

Which do you have turned on?

Setup->General->(Page 3)->Aggressive sound card buffering

or

Setup->TV Settings->Playback->(Page 1)->Extra audio buffering

For the longest time, I didn't realize these were both there as separate
options.  I saw them both from time to time, I just lumped them together
as the same option in my mind.

Turning on the second one made all the difference for me certain 720p
recordings.