[mythtv-users] iMon VFD stopped working in recent (2.6.27) Fedora kernels

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Mon Dec 8 01:39:48 UTC 2008

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> When I start the LCDd daemon, I get an error that /dev/lcd0 does not
>>
> I have USB-UIRT under Mandriva 2008.1.
>
> Doing a:
>
> dmesg|grep -i attached shows
>
> usb 3-1: FTDI USB Serial Device converter now attached to ttyUSB0
>
> Do you have anything within your logs or dmesg that shows the device and
> what it attached to?

I have the following output lines in dmesg which show the product being
detected by USB:
usb 2-9: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
usb 2-9: New USB device found, idVendor=15c2, idProduct=ffdc
usb 2-9: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0

The idvendor and idproduct codes match the lsusb line:
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote Controller

The only other relevant output in dmesg relates to driver loading for the
iMon:
udevd version 127 started
lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 61
lirc_imon: Driver for Soundgraph iMON MultiMedia IR/VFD, v0.4
lirc_imon: Venky Raju <dev at venky.ws>
lirc_imon: imon_probe: found IMON device
lirc_dev: lirc_register_plugin: sample_rate: 0
lirc_imon: imon_probe: Registered iMON plugin(minor:0)
lirc_imon: imon_probe: iMON device on usb<2:5> initialized
usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_imon

These are the only lines that refer to "imon" as a string (ignoring case).
As you can see, no mention of attaching to a specific device. The usb<2:5>
address also matches the details in the lsusb output.

The only references to the word "attached" in dmesg as you posted are the
following:
CPU0 attaching sched-domain:
CPU1 attaching sched-domain:
sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Attached SCSI disk
sd 0:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg0 type 0
sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0
sr 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg1 type 5
sd 2:0:0:0: [sdb] Attached SCSI disk
sd 2:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0

which don't look related at all.
--
Mike Holden

http://www.by-ang.com - the place to shop for all manner of hand crafted
items, including Jewellery, Greetings Cards and Gifts