[mythtv-users] Fedora 10 and SPDIF output

David Knight dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Dec 7 16:03:00 UTC 2008

On Sun, December 7, 2008 10:04 am, Alex Butcher wrote:
> There's a lot of paranoia about PulseAudio about, but it just worked for
> me
> with FC8. Getting simultaneous stereo analogue and raw DD/dts bitstream
> was
> harder - details at
> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/User:Cowbutt#Sound>,
>
> One thing I have noticed is that sometimes, the dts bitstream to my amp
> will
> drop out when, if I remember correctly, when there's lots going on in the
> video stream (e.g. cutscenes, fast pans). I think I read that's a MythTV
> issue, though.
>
>> Thanks
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex.

I have simultaneous output via analog and digital spdif all I had to do
was ensure that spdif wasn't muted in alsamixer.

Pulseaudio is installed and is the default playback device under KDE. I
haven't got audio through HDMI simultaenously, but think thats an issue
with alsa configuration as if I make it the default playback device then
it works.

Only issue I see is what I posted about in another post where PCM over
spdif sometimes fails (maybe a bug in ALSA). This is rectified by removing
the asound.state file.

Dave K.