[mythtv-users] graphics card memory needed for VDPAU & HDPVR

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 6 23:56:12 UTC 2008

>	I got an asus card with the HDTV cable and the "s-video" connector
is really a custom plug with 8-10 or so pins, not just the 4 for s-video.

>	When you plug in an s-video cable, it works as svideo.  When you
plug in the dongle it uses other pins to give you component out.

>	Make sense?

Yes, I'm aware of custom plugs.  What I was saying is that if you zoom in on
the newegg pic, you can see that the port on the back of the card pictures
is truly only an svideo port.  It only has 4 holes, not including the key.
There are not 8-10 holes there.

I've seen the cards that you are referring to and the card pictured is not
one of them.  Maybe the icture doesn't match the product, who knows.  I was
just throwing up a warning for others.