[mythtv-users] Mythweb: "ASX Stream" links end in .asx but mplayer doesn't like it and Windows Media Player won't play it...

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv-users at kosowsky.org
Sat Dec 6 22:16:51 UTC 2008

The "ASX Stream" links seem to end in .asx but when I use that url in
mplayer, it fills the cache with ~240-250 bytes and then says:
    Exiting... (End of file)

The error stated is:
	size_confirm mismatch!: 22611 28271
	Error while parsing chunk header
	Failed, exiting.

Adding the "-playlist" option seems to help but not sure why firefox
doesn't do that automatically.

If I use the same link minus the .asx ending (or indeed ironically
with any other 3 letter ending but .asx) it seems to work.

Windows media player gives the nondescript "can't play this file"
independent of the suffix.