[mythtv-users] Hulu Integration?

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat Dec 6 16:34:41 UTC 2008

So I've downloaded the boxee source code, to investigate how they handle
hulu playback.

Sadly, the component responsible for hulu playback is a binary file they
distribute called bxflplayer-linux

According to the boxee forums, this is closed source and they intend to keep
it that way.

PlayOn is of course a Windows product and closed source, so that's not going
to help us much in bringing native hulu support to MythTV.

The only other potential open source code I know of that supports hulu is
neuros.
According to this post:
http://forums.neurostechnology.com/index.php?topic=8973.0
There is a google summer of code project that has support for hulu.
This may be this project:
http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Summer_of_Code_2008/N-Tube_FLV_Browser

I'm going to try and track down the source for neuros and dig into how they
are actually playing Hulu content to determine if it truly is open source...
or not.