[mythtv-users] DAAP server for myth?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Dec 6 15:13:59 UTC 2008

On Saturday 06 December 2008 04:33:14 Mark Greenwood wrote:
> Is there a DAAP server that integrates with mythtv? I'd like to be able to
> share my mythmusic collection around the home without needing to use mythtv
> frontends everywhere. I'm not very happy with the current state of uPnP
> clients under Linux, so I'm looking at DAAP and I'd rather not have to have
> something like Firefly running yet another database... I'm running
> Mythbuntu 8.10.

There is the mt-daap package being used on NSLU2s:

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Applications/ITunesServer

I would expect you could adapt it to run on anyLinux box. I'mnot sure how to
go about integrating it into Myth, but a working server would be a good
starting point.

Hope this at least gets you started.

--
beww