[mythtv-users] Live TV is jumpy until any option is selected fom the 'Video Scan' menu

Edd Grant edd at mredd.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 12:53:47 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu Gutsy to Ibex, the upgrade tool trashed my
system so I crossed my fingers, formatted the necessary partitions and did a
clean install of Intrepid Ibex (AMD64 desktop version). Once up and running
I then reinstalled and configured MythTv, got it to pick up my old files and
mythconverg database content and thought everything was peachy. I then
noticed that LiveTV mode is always jumpy when initially entered - bizarrely
I can fix this by opening the 'Video Scan' menu and then selecting ANY of
the options (Detect/Progressive/Interlaced etc). The really annoying thing
is that I have to do this every time I enter LiveTV mode.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this? It never happeed when using
Gutsy.

For info the relevant bits of my system are as follows:
AMD 2350-BE CPU
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE / *nForce* 430

xorg.conf - this is all as per the default install with the exception of the
TVStandard line which I added to use PAL since I'm in the UK
Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Default Screen"
        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"
        Device          "Configured Video Device"
        DefaultDepth    24
        Option          "TVStandard" "PAL-I"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load    "glx"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver  "nvidia"
        Option  "NoLogo"        "True"
EndSection

Many thanks,